Established in 1991, Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America was created by those who wanted to support the goals of the Vietnam Veterans of America. Consisting of veterans from all eras; families and friends of veterans; and others dedicated to meeting the needs of veterans the AVVA is dedicated to helping improve the circumstances of veterans and their families.Visit AVVA at http://www.avva.org
Veterans Support Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian and educational organization founded to improve the quality of life for deserving veterans and their families.
The main objectives of the Foundation are:
- To help fund nonprofit organizations in support of veteran-related projects throughout the United States;
- To assist disabled veterans and their qualifying dependents and family members;
- To assist and provide transitional and permanent housing for homeless and at-risk veterans;
- To enrich the lives of all veterans and their families.
The Veterans Health Council's Mission is “To improve health care for veterans by creating an ongoing forum for members of the medical and clinical professions, employee representatives, advocacy organizations, and healthcare firms to discuss, develop, and promote effective efforts to:
- inform veterans and their families about health issues and benefits available to them;
- educate health care communities about the multiple health issues associated with military service;
- develop materials on veterans’ health issues for medical schools, nursing schools, teaching hospitals, and related educational outlets; and
- advocate on behalf of veterans’ healthcare initiatives.”