Dottie Barickman’s highest priority and commitment is to ensure that the Veterans who served for us; will be served by us. Her goals include advocating on behalf of all veterans in need and ensuring transparency in her position.
Service has included:
- VVA National Level: held positions as member of the Finance Committee, Constitution Committee, Women Veterans Committee and PTSD Committee
- VVA Council of State Council Presidents: held positions as 1st Vice Chair and Committee Chair of the Political Action Committee
- VVA Region 6: held positions as alternate Region 6 Director
- VVA Nebraska State Council: held positions as President and Delegate for Chapter 279
- VVA Chapter 279: held positions as Vice-President and Secretary
- VVA Member: since 1987
- Other organizations: held positions as alternate to Nebraska Veterans Home Board, Nebraska Veterans Council and Governor’s Round Table
- Events and functions: facilitated play “A Piece of My Heart” in Omaha, Nebraska and Women in Military Service Association in Washington DC, partnership with the Vietnam War 50th Commemoration, Offutt Air Force Base Open House committee, VVA Region 6 workshops host, keynote speaker for veterans events, advisor for veterans projects and testified for Nebraska veterans Legislative Bills.